View Single Post
Okay, here's a list of some things that annoy me about the iPhone app, in no particular order except for the first item:

First and foremost, no review functionality.

Tapping the next day/week/month button on the date picker screen alters the time instead of leaving it alone and only changing the date. If I'm using those buttons, it is almost always to defer something, and midnight (for start dates) or my default due time (for due dates) are rarely the correct answer unless that was the time already set.

The ability to jump from an action to the containing project would be very helpful. Sort of like double-clicking an action on the desktop.

Various bits of friction having to do with drilling down in lengthy lists, popping back up not returning you to same spot in list. Also, losing spot in lengthy list after updating from sync data.

No ability to grab photos once you start composing feedback message without saving draft, quitting OmniFocus, launching Photo app, copying photo, launching Mail app, loading draft, pasting photo.

Inability to create nested contexts or projects with the "foo : bar" convention

Sluggish performance in perspectives showing many actions

No way to do the equivalent of clipping an email without internet connectivity and a Mac running Mail and OmniFocus, and even that isn't perfect (no link to original message, and links to messages created via clipping on desktop don't work in iPhone Mail app, though that isn't Omni's fault)

Incremental search as I type would be a welcome addition, so long as it isn't too pokey

At one point, I was very interested in getting project-mode perspectives, but I'm concluding it isn't as important to me as previously thought. No doubt that I'll use it once I have it, though.

I rarely use the iPhone app for too long between visits to the mother ship, so I'm not bothered by some things that would be more of a nuisance if I had to use only the iPhone app for a few days. I'm happy to report that the iPad app is an improvement in this regard. Not perfect, but better, and likely to be better still after a dot release or two. YMMV.