View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave256 View Post
Just to be clear - for someone who hasn't gotten around to downloading the 1.7 sneaky peek yet, will it work correctly now if I download the latest version and try it for the first time? Perspective syncing is a feature I've been waiting for.
It will no longer delete your old perspectives on any of your Macs.

It should import old perspectives from every Mac, but at the moment I think it might only import them from the first one you upgrade.

OmniFocus 1.7 is completely compatible with the current iPhone release (v1.5.2), but not with the current release of 1.6 (which is from a much older code base). We intended for it to be, and it was until very recently when we finally implemented the ability to sync perspectives' custom icons—at which point 1.6 could no longer understand what those image attachments were doing in the database, and started crashing when it encountered them. We could theoretically go back and try to add some perspective image syncing logic to 1.6, but we think it makes more sense to focus our attention on finishing 1.7 as long as we can do that quickly enough. (If you do need to go back to 1.6, you might be able to manage that by switching your perspectives to use built-in icons rather than your own custom icons.)