View Single Post
Overall I like the interface simplification, but I think there are a few refinements needed to help clarify how things work.

(1) - When in the Projects view, having the folder icons appear off to the right is a bit confusing. When I look at the list of items, they appear to all be the same until I look to the right and see the folder icon for folders, or the little arrows for projects. I then have to shift my eyes back to see what I was looking at in the first place.

Proposed solutions?: Either put a tiny icon to the left or just under the folder name. This solves the confusion of having to look too far to figure out what you're looking at (and presents an opportunity to put a small icon indicating what type of project you're working with in the same spot for projects).

OR... do away with the distinction entirely. Just use arrows for folders and projects, or--even better--get rid of the arrows entirely. We know that when you tap on an item you get taken to whatever is inside it. The visual cue of arrows does nothing for us in this context.

(2) - For date-based perspectives, like "Due" or one I created called "Chronology" that just lists all tasks in order of their due date, you need to refine the typography to better convey the structure. Problems with the current implementation include:

-redundant date information - it appears both at the header above the tasks for the day AND in the lower right of each task. One or the other is sufficient.
-depending on what you do with the redundancy, a tweak to the font sizes/boldness/colors/indented-ness for each task could help clarify things. Right now, these perspectives appear very crowded and confusing because everything is left justified, and the background shading/font size changes are too subtle to make the structure clear. Even just centering those date headers could do a lot to improve this.

Thanks!

PS - when's OF2 for iPad expected? (I know you guys don't do dates, but some idea of your roadmap would be appreciated...)