Thread: I need 'OUT' !
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
Apologies whpalmer4. I know that I have difficulties in expressing my posts in a technically literate way.

I use several Apps that can send their content to another App, either the same App on another user's iPhone or a different App on the same iPhone. Ken has outlined what is required, so other Apps can be programed to send into OmniFocus on the iPhone. But OmniFocus doesn't have this ability itself. i.e. I cannot send from within OmniFocus (to another OmniFocus user) an action.

If I'm not making myself clear, again my apologies.
Ah, okay, you want something completely different than what I thought you wanted. I thought you were looking for a way to take an email you'd received and convert it into an OmniFocus action while at large with your iPhone. That requires some help from Apple, because other applications can't just pull things out of the mail (put things in, yes). If you want OmniFocus to be able to generate an email that has enough information for another copy of OmniFocus to be able to construct an action (essentially, very slow sync by email!) that should be feasible without Apple's involvement, although once again, getting that email into OmniFocus on the far end is a bit tricky if there isn't a Mac running the desktop software to do the heavy lifting.

I just saw Curt's message and didn't read back to the beginning of the thread, so my apologies for not coming at this in the right direction.