View Single Post
Hi all
I am testing OmniPlan at the moment to figure out, if it works for my needs. That is, organizing music festivals.
I set up one project for a festival and a group per concert in this festival. Additionally, there is one group for all tasks that are not for a special concert, but the overall organisation (such as picking up a hired car, buying food for the catering, daily meetings,...).
I added two columns. One for the place of the task/event, one for the car that is needed (I know, the car-column is redundant - I could use the resource-coulumn, but I consider it to be more clearly represented).

My main problem is the following: many things that belong to different groups (concerts) happen more ore less simultaneously: e.g. musicians of concert 6 are arriving on day one of the festival, rehearse on day two, are playing on day 3. in the same time other groups rehearse, run their show etc.

Now, what I am looking for is a possibility to print all the tasks/events of a day in chronological order. What I get after filtering and sorting is a list of all the events of the day in chronological order BUT assorted in groups.

How do I get rid of the sorting in groups? It is essential for me to hand out a schedule of the day with all events/tasks of the day in chronological order, where I can see which event belongs to which concert.

I hope I made my point clear. I'm not a native speaker of English an work with the German version of OmniPlan.

Kind regards --- acm

Edit: I've been searching this forum and the manual for an answer, but didn't find a suitable solution. Hope, not to have overseen something!