View Single Post
Hi - my first post here (so "hello"!....)

I've found sync (Bonjour) issues as soon as changed to OS4 on the iphone. No improvement with 4.01

Issues: Start up Omnifocus on iphone (fresh startup) and it will find the database on the mac no problem.
Leave from this wireless network and come back - can't find database.
I also work in different locations (different wireless networks) but with same imac brought to that desk (home + work). Try to open Omnifocus after move and resync without any other changes and cant find it.
Temporary Solution found:
Double click the home button to bring up recently launched apps (you know the "multi-tasking" section... yeah, right....) hold down omnifocus icon (or any others) until you can select the "x" to close it. Now reopen a "fresh copy" of omnifocus and it regains the correct wireless link and connects.

I'm guessing with the change to "multitasking" or some new wireless access tweak its effecting the ability of omnifocus to remember the wireless access settings. Perhaps a change is needed in omnifocus itself to work better with the new os4 - I dont know...

Have found the ability of iphone to "automatically" know and connect to a known wireless point a lot weaker since the os4 upgrade. Does drop sometimes and even ask for a password again for a connection its already been set to join.

Hope that helps. -David