View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I just launched OmniFocus on my iPhone (from the home screen), and according to my stopwatch it took 4.9 seconds before it was ready to accept input. (I currently have 1,124 tasks in my database.) I launched the built-in Notes app (which is much simpler than OmniFocus), and it took about 4 seconds.
Hmm... interesting. After I read this, I went and checked all my other applications - I guess what makes them feel like they load faster is that I get to see "stuff" earlier. A couple of the applications apparently take screenshots to display back to you while actually loading up - which leads to people talking about Calendar and Contacts being "unresponsive" for a few seconds.

Can OmniFocus do the "screenshot just before quitting" Jedi mind trick? More often than not, the thing I'm looking for will be in the same page of stuff that was open the last time I quit OmniFocus.

I will certainly send my feedback to Apple about loading times for applications.

Last edited by Grail; 2008-09-30 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: break question out of run-on paragraph.