View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanShaw View Post
Regarding fuzzy logic task intervals. Sciral Consistency is something I use. I don't think I should have to duplicate my strategy with project/task management between 2 programs if one can help me handle it all.

Again it could be a function that can be hidden/turned off. However I predict most people would definitely want to use it, because time management success depends on flexibility with periodic tasks.

dhm2006, how do you feel the OF function you described compares to Sciral's flexibility etc?
OmniFocus and Sciral Consistency look completely different, so if the visual set-up (graphical display) in Sciral is what you want, OF does not have that (and probably never will). However, if what you want is a reminder to show up on a particular date to tell you that it is time to do a particular recurring action again, OF is extremely flexible.

As I mentioned before, OF's repeat function keys off either the original due date assigned or the date completed, and the intervals range from minutes to years. The smallest interval in Sciral appears to be a day. I don't use anything less than a day myself, but some people on the forum have mentioned using smaller intervals.

Like Sciral, you can sort actions by Due Date and Name in OF. Sorting by Consistency is not available, and sorting by Priority -- well, see my comments below.

You can replicate the Sciral's Consistency feature somewhat in OF by reviewing completion dates of repeating actions. Each time you mark a repeating action complete, OF enters a completion date for that instance of the action and creates a new instance of the same action, so you have a history of when and how often you completed the item.

Last time I looked, you could sort, in OF, by completion dates of projects in Planning View, but could not sort by completion dates of actions in either Planning View or Context View. I think sorting by completion dates may be a work in progress.

I am not going to address Priority. Priority is something that has been discussed repeatedly, at great length, and quite fervently on the forum. I recommend you read some of those threads for a full understanding. Anything I say to summarize it will be woefully inadequate from someone's point of view.

Thoses are my thoughts. Hope it helps.