View Single Post
For example, I just placed a double-ended arrow on my canvas from my Stencils palette. I would like to rotate it so that it's vertical instead of horizontal. I hold CMD, hoping the rotational icon shows, but it doesn't. You would think that since holding CMD on other objects displays the rotational control, that the same would happen for lines and arrows. Nope. I hold CMD and click either the green/red control points. Suddenly the arrow shoots off in a random diagonal direction and becomes 10x longer. Why? How is that intuitive?

For another example, I would like to have page numbers on each of my canvases. I create a shared layer for my first canvas, and then add the following code: "<%#%> of <%TotalCanvases%>" This seems pretty straightforward; you would think this would display "1 of 10," or whatever. Turns out it does. But then I add and delete a few canvases, each time copying this shared layer between canvases, and suddenly my pagination is all out of whack. First canvas is 1 of 10. Second canvas is 5 of 10. Third canvas is also 5 of 10. Fourth canvas is 2 of 10. How? Why?

For a third example, I would like all of the text I place on a canvas to be 18pt and bold (or whatever). Search google, can't find a way to do this. Finally write to Omni and get the answer: You have to click the Text tool icon, then release your mouse click, then Option+click the Text tool again, and only at that point can you select a formatting style that will remain consistent. Most unintuitive sequence ever! Nothing about this in the documentation, no answers to people's questions about this in the forums, just some little-known Omnigraffle secret.

Stuff like this is so frustrating. How can you make a productivity product and have its UX be this unintuitive? It baffles me.