View Single Post
Hi guys - I've been and avid GTD'er for the past 2-3 years and just decided to make some big tweaks that required me to make the jump from Toodledo to Omni for 3 or 4 very basic (but important) differences. I almost have it where I want it but had a few quick questions - which I'm sure may have been asked before so please excuse me. I was wondering if there was any way to:

1. Create a mirror duplicate of a task so that if I check the task as complete in one folder it also marks as completed in the other folder. I know some of you may not see the reason why I should have an item listed twice but I do actually run into some tasks which would be best list twice so this would actually be very helpful to me.

2. Change the text color of flagged items. I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer. Toodledo USED to do this but unfortunately they stopped for whatever reason. I'm not sure if there's an option or script out there somewhere to do this in OF to make them stand out a bit more.

My issue is....I understand the whole next action concept and there having to be one next action per project but that doesn't necessarily I want to focus on it when breaking down my daily/weekly tasks to focus on. There are of course some projects that I can only work on when I have more time available to me, so I'd like to...a) flag all the items that need my attention per any given week or time period and then b) create a next action filter/folder of some sort that can further break them down for me to focus on for the next day (if that makes sense). Being that I'm new to OF, I'm not really familiar with all of it's settings - do any of you have any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: I almost forgot....is there also any way to set my "someday" and/or "pending" folders, etc so that there is no next action. Naturally there shouldn't be.

Last edited by OmniFocused; 2011-09-20 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: Added question