View Single Post
Hey all,

I figured I'd write this here to see what people thought of a potential addition to the way "Forecast" mode works.

It would be nice if in the settings, there was a toggle to show items that have a Start Date in Forecast mode. When viewing forecast mode with the toggle set, each day could be divided into two "Sections" - "Due" and "Starting".

I know this isn't traditional GTD, but I'm thinking it would help me get a beat on an action/task before the actual due date. This would be especially helpful for things that take an exceptionally long time to accomplish. Let me provide an example..

I currently have about 500 items and around 40 projects available in my OF (and I'm still migrating new projects/items from my old system everyday). I have a few tasks that are part of sub-sub-sub-projects and they're buried pretty deep. Let's say I have a task that takes 2 weeks to accomplish (I set myself 1 hour a day to work on it for two weeks). With the current implementation, I will often miss the start date (I know I would find it if I reviewed all my projects on a regular basis, but that's sometimes not possible). If there was an option to show actions that have a start date in Forecast mode, it would almost act as a reminder that I need to get to work on that task.

The fact that it would be a simple toggle (default to OFF) would not have an effect on most users, but I'm sure would help out users such as myself who having a million things to do.

Best,