View Single Post
Like others, I'm trying to figure out whether to upgrade to the Standard or the Pro version (a Family Pack in this case). I looked at the comparisons, and decided that I didn't feel I needed the Pro version; downloaded OO4 and started to play with it. Some changes of course, but nicely more modern-looking.

Then I started opening some documents from OO3 and it looks like by default the space between rows is much larger. I don't recall changing this in OO3, but in OO4 (Pro) I need to change the 'row padding' value to 0 or 1 to get my documents to look the same now (could I have changed a default somehow?).

Maybe for text, the new default is better, but for lists and short-form rows, it adds a lot of space.

For example, from OO3 a piece of a shopping list:

vs. the same in OO4:

Perhaps this is just an edge case, but depending on one's use of OO, it's a bit jarring. Was this intended?

(I should point out that the primary reason that I used the Pro version formerly is because of the AppleScripts that supported the functionality that is now OmniFocus - and I do understand these decisions are always difficult.)

Thanks for listening.