View Single Post
The whole issue of what to do when all the items in a subproject are complete is pretty sticky. You'll find strenuously argued positions for many approaches to this. See this thread for example. (I'm strongly in the camp of adding the parent action to the context list once its children are complete. I'm even more strongly opposed to auto-completion of parent tasks, because I don't always plan out every step in advance.) In short, the handling of subprojects is still an open issue and the Omni gurus are planning to make changes in that area.

Continuing your hypothetical example, I might make the Soup project sequential, with Get Basil as the first child, and Put Stuff in Pot as the second child. Put Stuff in Pot would be a parallel action group with all the other actions under it. Alternatively, if you don't mind starting the soup before getting the basil, you could select the two basil-related tasks, press shift-G to group them, and enter a quick action group description.

It takes awhile to get used to this style of planning, but it's really quite powerful.

Curt