View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostus View Post
Actually, I have tried the Walkthroughs, but I found them to be more appropriate for the "first-contact-with-graphics-app" experience. Something more intermediate is what I need. Some more in-depth coverage of what sets OmniGraffle apart from regular drawing apps in terms of behaviour. E.g. how lines have the tendency to "stick" to each other, and all those automatic placement helps (lines appearing for distance between objects etc), that sometimes come in handy, sometimes get in the way. Something "tutorialoid" that gives some routine with these issues would be great.
I wholeheartedly agree with the need for a book on this. I would like to see more detail about lots of areas. I have recently been hacking my way through some AppleScripts to do round-tripping of xml files with Omnigraffle diagrams (effectively a visual xml editor) and figuring out the Dictionary and more obscure aspects of OmniGraffle has been like home dentistry. Not knocking OmniGraffle at all - it is practically the best app on my Mac and justifies owning a Mac in itself (as if owning a Mac needed justification!).

I have actually been putting some notes together for a brief for a book. Anyone interested in some collaboration on this (ianpiper@mac.com if you are)?

Ian.
--