View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwoodside View Post
When I enter in a new task, it gets inserted on the start date of the project, not today. How do I get it to insert them on today?
New tasks are inserted on the start date of the project because by default, a task is set to start "as early as constraints allow". Since there are no constraints holding the task back from being completed as early as possible, it gets scheduled at the beginning of the project. If you simply drag the task to a new start date on the gantt chart, you'll be changing the task scheduling from "as early as constraints allow" to "start on specified date". Doing this will disrupt dependency connections and leveling functions because OmniPlan sees this as "don't move my task, I set it here for a specific reason".

To get a task to start on a date you want without upsetting the "as early as constraints allow" setting, you'll need to set a start date constraint for the task in the task : information inspector. Other constraints that might force it to start on a certain day other than that would be dependency connections or resource availability.