Thread: New life for OG
View Single Post
I just downloaded and tried an application called VectorDesigner. This is a nice, simple application that has many features that I feel OmniGraffle could greatly benefit from:

1. The layout of the inspectors is cleaner and more logical, particularly the controls for gradients.

2. Individual HUDs are used to control specific functions and appear only when selected/required. The helps to reduce the clutter and complexity of the inspector.

3. Text can be wrapped around the contour of any shape - and controlled via a nice, simple HUD.

4. Core Image effects can be applied to any graphic and controlled via effect layers.

5. Intelligent shapes can be selected and controlled via a HUD i.e. the points on a star.

6. The iLife inspector is available.

I read many previous posts asking for these features to be implemented. OG is now a mature application, so it's surprising to see a v1 application such a VectorDesigner available with all these features and drawing tools to match OG. Overall I've been disappointed with OG v5, the new features and UI improvements are underwhelming. I do think there are many users who would appreciate some new life being injected back into the old dog.

Last edited by sunshine; 2008-08-04 at 06:01 AM..