View Single Post
Hi,

If I'm reading this correctly I just ran in to a very similar problem when I was trying to create a good work/home split in my DB.

I also had master folders, "Work" and, "Home" that held all the tasks that you would think, but I currently have been trying to downsize my unwieldy organizational hierarchy for sanity and since OF likes to list the whole tree in the project list (i.e., "Work: Specific Project: Sub-Project: etc.) Also, this seems really redundant when, "work" and, "home" are REALLY contexts that I already have set up.

So, my brilliant idea was that I would eliminate the work and home folders altogether, make sure that all the tasks had the appropriate context (or at least, the work or home context if not the appropriate sub-context) and build perspectives based on those contexts, thereby eliminating the redundancy and giving me what I really want to see - projects and tasks to do @work and @home.

Hmmm - I can't do that? Really? Doesn't that seem like the perfect use of a perspective? Even the word, "perspective" connotes a specific place or spatial orientation at its root. It seems to me that it would be even more appropriate to have perspectives based on a focus of specific contexts rather than on specific projects.

Can I not focus on a context and eliminate all others in the same way that I can focus on a project and eliminate all others when creating a perspective?

Thanks,
Tate.