View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
Selecting the context is a way of viewing only those, but when you switch back to planning view there are ALL my projects sitting there and distracting me from what I can get done now (i.e, are available to me because I'm in a certain context - @Home, @work, @mac, etc.)

Again, I guess I'm thinking about what a context actually means as it relates to the concept of a perspective and it seem to me that the very idea of having a perspective (i.e., excluding certain tasks and projects so you can FOCUS on others) really has a lot more to do with a context (i.e., a limitation or situation you find yourself in that makes some tasks possible and others not) than it does any certain project, which may contain many tasks that are not available to you right now even if you want to work on that project.
Perspectives are more powerful than you might realize. You can create a perspective for planning view which is focused on your work projects, for example, and screen your personal projects from view. You can also create a perspective that doesn't show the sidebar. The perspective mechanism allows you to remember a set of settings of pretty much everything about a given view, from the actual data selected (all, or a subset), the window arrangement, view bar settings, settings in the opposite planning/context view, etc.