View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
It indicates that a relative link may work more easily than specifying the entire URI. Obviously, users have no control over this feature. I am only surmising that they are not currently using a relative location due to the consistent problems with WebDAV MOVE (I am using my own WebDAV server).
We'd love to use a relative link. Unfortunately, Section 9.3 of the WebDAV standard says that the Destination header must use an absolute URI, not a relative URI. Some WebDAV servers accept relative URIs anyway, but some don't.

Now, as for the configuration of your personal WebDAV server: are you running it on 10.4 (with Apache 1) or 10.5 (Apache 2) or something else? We recently modified our Bonjour server configuration for Apache 1 on 10.4 to use a mod-perl rewrite rule which automatically reformats the Destination header to always match what the server thinks it is, solving the Bad Gateway problem. You could easily grab our mod-perl script (which ships inside OmniFocus.app) and use it in another Apache 1 configuration.

If you're using Apache 2, it's even easier: you can use the "RequestHeader edit" directive to rewrite the Destination header to match your local protocol and hostname, as described in this article.

Hope this helps!