View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLady View Post
Right now, having a project is an absolute requirement for a task to become actionable, but it doesn't need a context, it's just ridiculous.
I'm not seeing this behavior. The first part fits - an action must have a project to become actionable. (If this seems absurd, a perfectly good workaround is to call your default singleton project "None.") But the second doesn't. If I don't give an action a context, it doesn't become actionable (available).

It will leave the Inbox when cleaned up. I presume the current behavior is based on the presumption that, if you assign a project but not a context to an action, you intend to decide on the appropriate context when you review the project. There should be a preference to control Inbox behavior so that users whose workflow doesn't fit this assumption can change it.

I have to agree with those who argue that much of the power of the Focus command would be lost if there were no singleton buckets within folders. Putting individual actions in folders is certainly the logical way to do it, but from my perspective, Curt is right to point out that it would be a UI nightmare.