View Single Post
I'm becoming more and more reticent to invest in the app stores. Convenient they may be, but the cost is becoming too much. When apps where $10 and under this was fine as a one off payment, but now with increased prices it is way too expensive.

As much as I have liked OF and OO over the years the release cycle has been much too slow. Yes they help me to be more productive, but no more than other apps that are much cheaper. In the end facing £13.99 to upgrade on my iPhone with the ipad version not yet available nor the updated version for Mac, then another £20.99 for OO on the iPad (but not available on the iphone) it all seems too messy and expensive for me.

In the end I decided to stick my money into Evernote. They have a much faster update cycle, moving into GTD and able to cover both OF and OO general functionality. The real benefit is that my support documents and my todo's are in the same place. I've also decided that Omni's lack of at least giving an option for tags, not really changing anything in the database architecture from OF 1 makes me wonder why I should upgrade. Yes the Ui's nice, but that's no the most important thing for me.

I'm sorry, but omni is too slow with too little. Oh and should I mention that Evernote's apps are FREE on every PLATFORM and available on most devices. Ken seems to want people to invest, but with so many alternatives and the cross platform mix increasing for people, I certainly would not invest well over £100 for omni's products.