View Single Post
Let's say you have:
  • a free evening/afternoon/etc, where you want to knock out some todos
  • your existing smattering of organized tasks in projects and actions, and within those, a handful that you know you specifically want to get done in the next few hours
  • several other tasks not yet in omnifocus that you know you want to get done in the next few hours.

What do you do?

The generic answer is: put the new tasks into OmniFocus in the correct context, and then just switch to the appropriate context(s) and get to work. But for me it's never that simple. In a given context there are always a few things I want to skip over, which is fine, but it would just be nice to have a definitive list without being distracted by other things.

I suppose one solution to this is to use flagged items. I don't currently use flagged items for much other than a vague indication of urgency, so I could start using them in these situations.

Another solution that would require a new omnifocus feature is to be able to put things in multiple projects. so i could throw together a "to do tonight" project and drag things in from other places, which would exist in both their previous and new project. maybe project wouldn't be the right concept here, so we could have a new "List" concept. Or maybe all that would break the point of OF/GTD altogether :-D

Would love to hear how others deal with these sorts of situations.

Peace
John