View Single Post
I agree with the vegaz, knowing Omni products over many years I have a trust of the company but even so the price point did make me think as many of omni's prices do. I do own OmniFocus both the Mac & iPad versions (and iPhone version which I never use now) and I also bought OmniOutliner Pro. I would love to own omnigraffle and omniplan but the plain fact of it is I can't afford them. They aren't apps I would use a great deal but even so they are out of my league as far as price goes.

Whilst I do use OmniOutliner I'm not a huge user of it, I don't have thousands of outlines. I create at best one a month, and have in use at any time between 5 and 10 files. I also only really use it for very basic outlines. Section headers, maybe sub sections and some notes. Usually single column outlines, maybe the odd check boxes. I could do the same in a text file so cost of the software is an issue. For me the iPad apps are not my primary use, I would always use the desktop versions given the choice and rarely use the iPad versions of anything, the iPad apps are just a means of taking that info with me and occasionally being able to work with it. I only use the iPad for a few minutes at a time even when I do use it. I realise some people get a lot more out of the software than I do so they maybe can justify the pricing and whilst I don't agree with the assumption "iOS software should be drit cheap", there is a point where I expect a lot more for my money when the author ups the price. Unfortunately I am a little more sensitive to pricing and I do have to draw the line at whats economical for me and find alternatives when it isn't.

Not being able to demo software especially the expensive stuff is a big problem with iPad. The games developers often bring out lite versions to get around this which is good.