View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
During the 1.7 era there was a short-lived bug that caused my database to get a roughly 2 MB attachment added every time I launched the program on one of my machines (and the addition of this attachment tended to block database compaction which otherwise would have squashed it out of existence), so my database ballooned from its normal 4-5 MB up to a peak of around 70 MB. I saw no evidence of stability problems during that time. This is not quite the same as having large attachments on actions, as I suspect those attachments only were read at startup and sync time, and weren't consulted when rendering the outline in the way that an image embedded in a note might be if you had the note displayed. My perception is that most of the time, it's the number of actions that you have in the database that will be the primary determinant of how it performs. 4,000 or so is a much better number than 10,000 in my experience!

But why not do your own experiment if you're going to be venturing so far out of well-traveled lands? Make a new user account on your Mac, launch OmniFocus there and attach 1-200 MB of big emails, PDF files, graphics images, and see for yourself how it performs? Your view of what constitutes acceptable performance and stability is more important than mine, or the Omni developers and testers.
Thanks whpalmer4.
Yes, will try it out. But wanted to check if users have already have had problems with bigger db sizes.