View Single Post
Well my experience is not so peachy. I was very happy with bingodisk.com
but they were sold off. I tried swiss disk.

With one domain, for some reason I never received the confirmation email.
I sent in a note to support, and never received any response.

I created another account using another domain I own. I used a password
generator as I normally do (1password), and created the account and'
activated it. However on activation for some odd reason the process cleared
my clipboard and the login profile was not created in 1password.

Hence I looked on the site for a "FOrgot your password" to retrieve a missing password... there is no such option. :confused:. How about a password reset option? Not there! :( The management is supposed to be the lead developers on Ubuntu?? Well, I suppose I have been happy with fedora core, Debian, and have no use for yet another distribution so I can't comment on it, but if the support is a bad as swissdisk.com, I suspect it is not very robust.

I could set up a simple webdev server on my dual Fios 20Mup/20M down,
or 100Mbs Up/Down Optimum online on my Juniper 5GS firewall DMZ, but
it seems easier to sync with an outside webdeb server for simply, tiny Omnifocus than have to put a hole in my firewall that don't exist except for IPSEC VPN connectivity.

Can anyone recommend a paid service other than swissdisk.com? I see all the accolades for swissdisk.com here and my more recent experience is zero starts out of 5. Yes, I did want to try the free 50MB, but planned on upgrading to the 100mb at $3/mo. I am a believer that if you find a service useful, you should pay for it. I do so with freeware and shareware, but with swissdisk.com I can't even get to the free trial. :mad:

Thanks
Mark

Last edited by defilmj; 2009-10-18 at 04:47 PM..