View Single Post
Quote:
What's the matter with having disclosure triangles on the left, as they always have been, and letting you drag and drop using them?... It's like Omni felt they had to try and use the flat list "Edit" paradigm just because it's an iOS app, when it doesn't suit the task.
Well, part of the problem here is that the iOS doesn't have an outline view, like the Mac does. Whenever you see anything somewhat resembling an outline, it's actually faking it with a table view, which is just a flat list of cells (not even columns!), and it comes with that edit to re-order stuff built-in. The indent you see for action groups is probably just padding. Changing that so that it is always on---so that you can drag to reorder whenever you feel like it, would probably involve a ton of work. I don't know, I haven't looked at it, but since I have seen an example anywhere yet where you can drag items at any time, I'm guess it's non-trivial.

But, on the other hand, you can move things around in a hierarchy within a project. So long as an action-group already has one child action, items dragged next to that action will become children. So, you can drag around in 3D, a bit.

Quote:
Entering a list of actions on the Mac just requires you to hit Return after each one. There's a Return key on my iPad keyboard, too, but instead I have to hunt down that tiny "Done" button, and then choose and tap on a "New Item" button before I can start typing again.
Again, I think you are seeing the limitations of the device and OS here. I could be wrong on this one, but keyboard control in general seems awfully weak on the iPad---even if you have a keyboard dock. I don't think there is good control for shortcuts and such.

By the way, I always just tap and hold on the project title bar to add actions. Way easier, especially when in a list of many projects.