View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
This is kind of funny, I actually like how OW does it more than Adblock. When using FF, it irks me when an image gets blocked and it's my only way to continue on the site.
I'm coming back to OW having been using Safari w/ PithHelmet for years. It chops all ads out of the layout, and just reflows text and it's great. 99% of the time, removing all ad elements will not affect a site at all.

Yes, on a small percentage of sites you will find that you will need to click on a blocked element to proceed, but even when this element is hidden it is usually immediately obvious and you can just choose to reload the page without AdBlock interfering (Shift-Cmd-I, Show All Images).

Ads are annoying because they distract you from the page you are reading, both by being colourful and out of place, and also by being inserted right into the middle of what you're doing, ie: the interruption of your flow of reading is also a pain in the arse. The most used case is clearly "I want nothing to do with ads", so I believe they should not be given any space at all.