View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiramNetherlands
I would probably qualify as a smart guy, too, and OmniFocus is the very first app of its kind that I could actually use to improve my productivity the very first time I launched it.

Maybe you simply don't like the app's 'face'. I had the same experience with iGTD. Tried hard to like it, but couldn't, because I find it ugly and unwieldy. To each his own.
I agree here. OF is the first GTD app I've been happy with, and I also couldn't cope with the iGTD interface though as an app I think it's fantastic work, just not for me. Maybe it's my ADD....

I also concur completely with Amber, who I might add always has insightful and helpful things to say. Of course I'm biased because I pretty much always agree with her, so that makes me insightful by association (IBA). On her point 4 though, I did find a bug. If you set filter to Available and select a project in the left pane, then hit return, nothing appears at all (in the current build at least) though a blank task is created (which you can see by changing the filter to all). This in NOT the behavior when set to Next thankfully. I'm assuming (hopefully) that the Next behavior is correct and the Available is a bug. I reported the inconsistencies (and my hopes for correct behavior) through the feedback and include the info here merely for reference (and to make people run off and check - like I'm the puppet master or something).

However - Amber - if you hit clean up shouldn't the only things cleaned up from your inbox be READY for clean up by definition? I'm missing something I assume. Of course, you can always force a redraw of those projects by flipping to another project and back again, avoiding the clean up button altogether.