View Single Post
Well, that's tough to answer from here. It sounds like you modified the script to put in your own resource & calendar names, and that it successfully found both. It should not matter if you're viewing the calendar in question. If you subtract work time from a schedule during an "off" period OmniPlan should make no schedule exception (i.e., no change).

As written (and without specific testing) I would not be surprised if the script mishandles all day events. It doesn't handle recurrent events, as noted. It will happily import events regardless of status (is should probably only import confirmed and maybe tentative event, certainly not cancelled events).

There is this known bug: edit a resource's work schedule. Make an "off hours" exception. Edit the normal work week for the resource and delete all hours. Switch back to the resource's work schedule. If the "off hours" exception was all day, you'll see an exception (yellow date in the calendar) but there will be nothing there. If it was a partial day, it will mysteriously turn into an inverse "on hours" exception. I wonder if you were seeing a variant of that?

If OmniPlan is replacing your empty schedule with a default schedule sometimes, I'd sure like steps to reproduce that. I wonder if the problem is really that you're deselecting the resource and looking at the project schedule without realizing it? This is an area where the interface is a little weak and I'd love to improve it.

So, my successful test of the script using OmniPlan 1.6.2 was very simple. Create a document w/ a resource named "Resource 1". Add a non recurring event to my "Work" calendar during Resource 1's schedule hours. Run the script. Watch the schedule exception appear.

The script does not re-level your project, so assigned tasks will not scoot out of the way of your schedule exceptions until you do so yourself.

Don't know if that helps. I certainly understand if it's more work than you were hoping for!

-Tom