View Single Post
Although I've had a free copy of DevonThink Pro for years, I have only recently been giving it a go, thanks to Rob and Greg for kindly giving me some directions (over in the Applying OmniFocus Forum) on how to incorporate DT with OF. I also recently purchased DTTG.

However, at the moment I still prefer using iDisk as a method of linking reference files into OF rather than the workarounds for DTTG.

The main problem I've got with DTTG is that it insists on storing locally to an iDevice, which for me isn't really practical. I'm hoping that in a few releases time it'll behave more like iDisk, ie. downloads on demand and provides a link which can be put in the notes field that allows OmniFocus to open the relevant document directly within OF's own browser.

As far as notetaking goes, I found DT to be a bit limited, so I requested the developer of my favourite note App to incorporate the Send to OmniFocus function. An update with this should be released in a couple of weeks time so I'll post over on the iPad forum when it's available. Sadly he's a bit resistant to creating a desktop version for the Mac App Store!

I'm looking forward to seeing how DTTG develops.