View Single Post
My OF system is now officially hosed. I upgraded both my desktop and macbook to Snow Leopard. Prior to that everything worked just fine as far as I could tell. My iphone is a 3GS.

I followed the instructions, moved my database to the idisk/backup folder. I renamed the database to "Old-OmniFocus.ofocus" in the application support/Omnifocus folder. I updated the desktop from idisk.

So far so good.

I made a change in desktop database and the sync went without errors (not that I was syncing between anything other than one database on my macbook and the idisk).

Next, I went into preferences and chose the bottom button to send send settings via email to the iphone. I clicked the link on the iphone and all seemed to go okay.

I made a change on the iphone and the application did not complain the first time I tapped the sync button.

On the macbook, I then tried to sync the desktop and got the dreaded "Unable to synchronize database with server. Cannot synchronize. The remote database appears to have been reset and is no longer able to reach transaction identifiers (gifStGA1knZ)." If I click retry, I get "Replace your database and start syncing? Your current database will be backed up on your computer, and replaced by the sync database: https://idisk.me.com/<myname>/Backup" with the cancel or Sync button.

Also, on the iphone I now get the following message:
"Your database couldn't be synchronized because the copy on the server has been reverted since the last sync. This was most likely caused by restoring from a database backup. Which copy of the database would you like to use?"

I am then given the option of two buttons, "use local copy" or "use server copy"