View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Len can probably answer this better but I believe certain system level components incorrectly look for this folder in some situations--even though we've already specified another custom location--if the folder isn't there bad things occur.

I doubt the folder will ever use much disk space but i presume you'll be able to clean it out with the apps you mention.
I'm not Len, although I play him on TV sometimes ;), but here's the deal.

The Cache system that WebKit uses copies files to that directory when you go to upload them, via a form input. Even though we've specified that we use a different cache folder (com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 folder instead of OmniWeb), it still tries to put the files we're about to upload in that OmniWeb folder. When the folder doesn't exist, the proverbial 'bad things' happen. ;) We've filed a bug with apple about the incorrect reporting of the proper cache location, and hopefully they will provide a fix. Until then we will continue to create the OmniWeb folder if it does not exist. It will remain empty until you attempt to upload a file, and should be cleaned by cache-cleaning apps.