View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
$49.95 would have been good, $80 is too much.
BZ
I agree with BwanaZulia, but maybe I should clarify my position better. I'm a designer myself, and I've been active in the software market for most of my life as a producer and consumer.

I'm not asking asking the Omni Group to devalue their product, I'm simply suggesting that it is inflated/overpriced. Even as the product is markedly targeted toward families, shouldn't that reflect a company with better values than "we are here to make money" cliche?

I've met plenty of developers who work for little or nothing and produce good software out of principle (OS X comes with a full suite of dev tools for free), so I'm really not sympathetic to your stance.

I see in your program a very well-made tool, that has the potential to better many lives (and by associated function, society). Shouldn't that in itself be the "value", to get this software into the right hands? Otherwise, shunting Omnifocus into a richer target market is simply stretching an already overinflated economy. You'll make money, but will it matter?