View Single Post
I am patiently waiting for OO iPad, since there is nothing comparable on the market (which is amazing to me...) One of the things that I wish I could do easily on the iPad is create good hierarchical outlines that would be synced back to the desktop that I could work with in the desktop version.

Which brings me to my request. As of now, there is no way to have documents saved back to a useful place that is then available on the desktop from the iPad. Fortunately, Dropbox has an API that makes this easy -- a few developers for iPad apps have included this in their releases, and it works very well.

I realize Omni doesn't generally use third-party storage solutions, preferring its own servers, etc. but in the iPads case, since Apple has dropped the ball on file storage, I think it is warranted.

Please consider Dropbox integration for OO, as there is no other way I can think of to make working on my outlines a seamless process on the iPad. Omnifocus of course has its own syncing solution, but task managers are a different issue I think since it doesn't have a "document" that it is working with.