View Single Post
You're not being a cheap-skate ..I"d prefer not to pay for multiple apps also but , My time " visualization" needs are a little different .. I'm a one man I.T. dept in a non-profit with 65 win/mac desktops in the building plus 7 servers .

I need to make sure I'm not biting off more than I can chew every day-week , so laying out " non-routine " stuff in OP allowing for a certain % of interruption time and routine tasks factored into my " efficiency " is the way I get some idea of when I might actually finish projects and tasks .

My usage and your timeline idea [I'd use it too ] go beyond GTD style task management so you'll probably never see it in OF. And it's already in O.P. and the folks at Omni keep their apps lean and don't duplicate features from what I can tell .

I"ve been following GTD since 99 and for all the lists that I"ve reviewed weekly etc etc .. it's never failed that a boss has wanted to know " any idea when such and such will be completed ? " hence the time factoring .
O.P is probably the easiest program I've ever used for project management . Merlin has probably twice the power for $50 or so more , but I don't need to have the manual out every time I use O.P. ; )