View Single Post
Thanks Ambi. I can see your points, but for me the Inbox approach wouldn't take the thinking away, it'd just allow me to do it all in one place and hence not forget that I needed to think about something. It doesn't process anything automatically, it just gets them all together ready for processing, and then asks you David's questions about each one, to assist with the thinking stage.

Re the Zero inbox approach, I agree with that, but surely if everything appears in Inbox, and you go through the list in there deciding what to do with each, that's effectively the same thing? Yes you can clip-o-tron-a-me-jig them into OF, but if you then delete them you don't have the message to work on any longer. Not sure what happens if you clip then move a message, but my point is if you clip it into OF, you have to decide there and ten what to do with it otherwise it's a pointless multi-stage process (clip in mail>go to OF to process your inbox bucket>come back to Mail to move/delete the message). With Inbox you don't really ever need to look at your Mail inbox (and hence it doesn't matter whether it's zeroed or not), it just becomes a big bucket for messages that you organise within Inbox.

Quick entry in OF desktop is great, but the problem for me is that I'm rarely at my desk when a thought hits me (I spend most of my time on the road). If iOF was better at this it'd probably alleviate the issue, but for now I use other tools to capture thoughts, which OF can't collect but Inbox can.

I think bottom line is I don't want several inboxes that I have to remember to fill and empty, I want just one, and Inbox does a great job of producing that.

Mark