View Single Post
I rarely need to find a 1000 different sites--I have a few sites I go to and I use searches for the rest.

As for how I use workspaces, I use them about the way that I use my mail or my desktop--I have my workspace auto-save and I just don't close anything that I every want to refer to, but occasionally I "clean up".

In mail, I occasionally move everything in my Inbox older than a month into a folder like "Archive/ByDate/Thru-2006-05".

For my desktop, I create a folder called "Junk" or "Stuff" or sometimes "untitled folder 4" and drag all the cruft into it (including the previous Junk, Stuff, and untitled folders).

In OmniWeb, I launch while holding down Shift or start a New Workspace whenever I need a clean slate.

I rarely close a window in OmniWeb if I find it has something interesting in it, instead I minimize my windows.

Then when I want to go find something, I use the Workspace window to find the window I want and I pull it into the current workspace. I also don't use tabs a lot and this would tend to interfere since you can't drag a tab from another workspace, only a full window (the original feature set for 5.0 was supposed to allow it but it didn't quite make it and hasn't been a high enough priority since).

So, I almost never actually switch between workspaces, I just treat them as big piles of bookmarks that have history associated with them instead of just a URL.

But that is me--I know other people work completely differently.