View Single Post
This is a general question that I hope someone from the OmniFocus development team can help answer.

I own both OmniFocus for Mac and iPhone. I think the interface is excellent for a GTD follower like myself. However, in the real world, many of us must use the Windows/Microsoft Outlook environment at the workplace.

I used to have a solution to this problem: Using Toodledo as my task "cloud", I was able to sync from both Outlook (with the Chromatic Dragon sync) and OmniFocus (using the now-discontinued OFTD AppleScript plug-in). This allowed me to use Outlook at work, OmniFocus on my Mac/iPhone, and Toodledo on any other computer with internet access -- and they all would keep each other updated. Unfortunately with the latest OmniFocus software update, the OFTD script no longer works so my sync chain is broken.

My question is simple: Does the OmniFocus dev team have any existing tools (or near-future plans to develop them) that will allow OmniFocus to "play nice" with the rest of the world (i.e., non-Apple apps like Toodledo, Outlook, etc)?

The AppleScript API and WebDAV support are great features that would make this possible, but it takes some development and maintenance effort that most of us don't have time for. I understand that OmniFocus is pro-Mac but in today's network-centric world, it's much better practice to be interoperable with other apps instead of a "stovepipe". I'd gladly pay for an OmniFocus extension that could do this, especially if it were maintained with software updates!

If anyone has suggestions, I'd be grateful to hear them. Thanks.