View Single Post
I was wondering along the same lines when I started a project about building a web site for the football club my son plays for and which I help run. I have folders for web projects, football and son, and when I started considering which to use to contain the club's web project I too had the thought that smart folders would be a good idea. On reflection, however, I'm not so sure they're necessary; the club's web site project is exactly that—a web project—and the fact that it is my son's football club is functionally incidental to the management of the project, so it belongs in the web projects folder.

There are so many other ways to view the data in OmniFocus that I doubt I would find it restrictive not having smart folders (note that this doesn't mean I'd turn them from the door!), and I can foresee difficulties when focussing on several folders at once where the project might be in more than one—do we want to see it twice? or just the first instance?

Perhaps if difficulties are encountered with deciding which folder to use, this might prompt a reassessment of the basic ordering ideas being used.