View Single Post
Hey WillR, you're welcome!

I'm also very new to AppleScript, so I'm not surprised you were able or required to make some improvements.

Unfortunately, Notes 7.x on Mac is a port at best, and is not a well behaved Mac app. It does, or fails to do, many things that are very annoying, especially for folks that are accustomed to proper Mac apps. So I'm not shocked that there is no Applescript support (actually I never even bothered to check).

But, like you, I must use Notes and I'm glad to be able to run it on my Mac. I'm particularly happy to have this capture working, even if it's a little kludgy - some sort of OF capture from Notes is crucial for me. Before I got this working, I was copy/pasting Notes URLs into OF (and previously, iGTD). (yuk)

I am looking forward to Notes 8.0 on Mac, which I think is going to be released fairly early in the new year (I hope). I think it relies on Eclipse (Rich Client Platform I think), so the the extent that Eclipse is Mac-proper, it should be possible for Notes to be Mac-proper too. I'm not holding my breath for Applescript support, but I'm certain that Notes 8 on Mac (or any platform for that matter) will be better than any 7.x.x., and as long as it still supports minimal URL launching (which it will), this mechanism should work at least as good as it does now.