View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
In a couple of other threads, especially as it relates to comparison with Things, there are mentions of the difference of conceptually approaching task management from a task vs a project paradigm. ...
This paradigm struck me when I switch from Things to OF over a year or more ago. It struck me because I could set up tags on actions in Things that had no comparable construct in OF, yet I could set up parallel or series actions in OF that had no comparable construct in Things. I could also create multi-level folders in OF but could not in Things. It struck me for other reasons as well. So, at the end, my observations were ...

Things = items are tagged, marked as actionable, and put in a one-level-only folder ostensibly called a Project

... while ...

OF = items are structured based on an end purpose, marked as actionable to that purpose, and put in any level of container to define that purpose as best possible (with the purpose being "complete a project")

I posted the task-centric vs project-centric analogy (in some other wording than immediately above) on both the Things and OF forums when I was trying both applications and was still trying to understand which one better fit my work-style. Some folks said, they found the analogy useful.

Beyond that, you are welcome to expand what you learn about the two apps (Things vs OF) in your own terms.

HTH

--
JJW