View Single Post
The double tap required to add new items to the currently viewed project (tap +, then tap to choose adding to Inbox or add to "project_name") is redundant in landscape mode, as there's a button on the left to add to the Inbox. However, that functionality is useful when in portrait mode (although I personally never use portrait mode) as the sidebar is not there.

My suggestion is for the + button to have different functionality depending on orientation – add to project only in landscape orientation, and the current dual choice behaviour in portrait mode.

This would be helpful when wanting to add multiple items to the same project, e.g. a shopping list.

Another way to do this would be to have a "Save and add new" button when entering a task, but I think that would not be as good.

I have submitted a feature request to The Omni Group for this.

I agree with the sentiment that it's only one extra tap with the current behaviour but, to my mind, one of the few drawbacks with the iOS implementations of OmniFocus compared to the Mac implementation is the lack of being able to rapidly add a number of items to a project or single action list, especially when you are on a roll.