View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihnat View Post
I notice the original person hasn't been back to check on their issues. Perhaps they were a ringer for the 67293 other GTD programs out their or perhaps we were too patronizing. ..and I didn't even get to ask them if they kick their dog if it barks at the postman....dang!
The original poster, coconino, has been a member of this forum for over a year, and has posted dozens of times. A quick look at coconino's profile will give you a link to those dozens of posts.

As much as I like OmniFocus, it is a muddled application in a few ways:

* columns constantly shift around when you jump between views

* the projects list is unwieldy once you get to more than a couple (because you've been living in it for six months, not six weeks, say).

* searching for stuff is difficult because it's dependent on what's selected

* it feels like an outliner, which, I know, it started life as; the pedigree is still clear in some ways (especially compared to other GTD apps which started life as GTD apps)

There's more I could complain about, but none of it is a showstopper; for a 1.0 beta, it's great. If the original poster had given some details, I'm sure we'd never be piling on, but let's be fair: OF continues to need polish, which I have no doubt it will receive.