View Single Post
Hello,

I seem to be missing the point in having shared layers then. What I understand is that you can only use them to share non functional objects between canvases - e.g. frames, backgrounds, etc. ?

I do not see the problem with allowing connections either, but that might just be me.
For example, let's call the objects on a shared layer when only looking (hypothetically, anyway) at the shared layer master objects.
The actual objects (those derived from the master objects) presented on the canvas we call derived objects.
These derived objects would inherit properties like appearance, size and location from the master object. When any of these properties is changed by e.g. resizing a derived object, this change would feed up into the master object and accordingly down into all derived objects.
There are however also properties that do not make sense to be shared between canvases - like connections. In this case the derived object should just act like a normal member of the canvas and store its e.g. information regarding connections with the local instance.

Does this make sense at all?

Best regards,
sth