View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
That's ideal, thanks.

Is the equivelent for that view in Forecast available in the OS X version? I haven't had a chance to look yet but I will.

Cheers.
There's no Forecast view yet, as you know, but you can make a pair of perspectives that offer you something similar.

For Due today:

In context mode, use Context filter Remaining, Grouping Due, Sorting Due, Availability Remaining, Status Due Soon, Estimated Time Any

Close all of the groups except the one for "Due today"

Save as a perspective, checking the Restore Expansion box, which will restore the state of the groups. You'll still see the closed groups for Due tomorrow, etc. but not their actions, unless you open the group.

Similarly, for Start today:

Context filter Remaining, Grouping Start, Sorting Due, Availability Remaining, Status Any, Estimated Time Any

You may wish to tweak these views slightly. If you want a view that looks further into the distance for the Due perspective, change Status Due Soon to Status Any, or you'll only see actions due within your "Due Soon" value. Sorting of either of these perspectives is also a matter of personal preference; I like Due but Project, Context, and Flagged all have their uses. You may want to add the Project and Context columns to the view.