View Single Post
The status-icons-on-the-tab thing won't work for people who use list view. Fwiw.

I think I would prefer an option to have the 'Downloads' be a permanent tab which displayed its content in the main window rather than just in a squashed up little box in the bottom left. In the location that you have it, it takes too much space away from the tabs, can't display very much information and the filenames would be highly truncated at anything other than a wide setting for the sidebar. However, it would be useful for a quick look and see on the progress of active downloads (a bit like the activity pane in Mail's sidebar), but it wouldn't be a practical, complete replacement for what exists in OmniWeb now.

I'm not sure the zooming of tabs would be practical either, especially for anyone who has their Dock on the left of their screen - you would be constantly magnifying tabs whenever you ran over the sidebar to do something else. Of course, you could use a modifier to enable magnification like you can with the Leopard Dock (control-shift) so it still has potential.