View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprugman View Post
The problem with LB isn't that it isn't GTD enough. It's that the interface is ugly, inconvenient to use, and geared toward the palm. Also, it doesn't have strong printing support, and doesn't seem to be developed at a particularly rapid pace.
I'll agree with you on that. OF is very GTD, but still flexible. It's the small differences I love about OF!

1. The ability to type in characters to select contexts or projects.
(LB it was all mouse and drop down. Which is the path to insanity)

2. The Search Algorithm that OF uses for finding contexts.
(In quicken, it will match words, but if you have duplicate items, like Home Calls and Home Computer, you would have to type out the entire word 'Home C' to choose the calls. In OF, just HC. Quicken is one of those pieces of software where they have no passion for details. And the experience of the user suffers.)

3. The ability to select multiple items. LB can only work with one item at a time.

4. The search box that allows you to work on the results. Brilliant.

5. A real Inbox! Beautiful!

6. Built upon a robust database that remains quick and efficient. LB... I'm not sure what kind of database it is, but I've always assumed it was something like just a text file with records. No querying.

7. Projects built into the system! This was huge for me. In LB this is what I had to do to create a project:
-My project (completed projects)
--My project (active Projects)
--My project (default context)
---my first task

So every project had to have that heirarchy! That's entering three tasks just for the project holder! It had to be that way so I could go to active projects and see all my projects, and just the projects. Create tasks that had a default context, so the tasks inside wouldn't have a context of active project.

Another path to insanity.

All these things were suggested to LB. And they almost laughed at each one. Citing, they didn't want to make LB GTD focused and many people use LB in many different ways.

8. Cool interface and icons! Real attention to beautiful icons. I love it.

And that's just a couple, the list goes on.