View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
I know this isn't the best place to put this, and probably is too late if it isn't already in 2.0, but I second tags and smartlists. How convenient would it be to be able to keep my entire project and context structure intact and unchanged, and simply drop tags onto particular items to have them show up on a "today" smartlist, a "this week" smartlist, a "need to think more about this one" smartlist, and so forth. You can manipulate OF to generate most of these, of course, but the beauty of using tags is that you can do it quickly on the fly WITHOUT having to disturb the structure of your lists.
I'd love to see those as well. It's also the reason I've dabbled so much with The Hit List lately; that's exactly what it offers except it's missing some things I'd like as well.

I'm not a fan of perspectives really, and I am REALLY REALLY not a fan of the fact that I'm often forced to use context mode to use a number of filters and groupings. I have the "Leviathan" context, and I've tried things like just making @next and @someday contexts, as well as others that act as "tags" and using a combination of active and on hold context to hide things in project view. It's a pain because it breaks action groups, and a number of other things… :-( in many ways.