View Single Post
I have kept coming back to this wondering if I should buy the app.

At the moment I am using Circus Ponies Notebook syncing to my iPod for GTD. Notebook pages are set up sorted by date then context. new projects get their own page with a link to the Next Actions page. There are other pages for Waiting For items and long term goals. I can search for incomplete items within a certain context and print them off.

I have also got iGTD sitting in the background as well as Actiontastic and Park hoping that one of them would give me the answer that I wanted.

The killer for me is that I use PCs at work, locked down so I can't install anything and there are a lot of sites that can't be visited, e.g. GoogleMail. I need to be able to look at my GTD system without having to cart the Powerbook around with me and at the moment I don't think there is a way of doing this outside the Wiki world.

What I do know is that OF is not going to give me the answer that I want at this or any price. If I do buy it as a standalone app I can't guarantee that I will ever use it.

I am going to take Keone's advice and not buy the app. Perhaps come early Jan I will buckle, but I would rather put the money towards the currently invisible Actionatr.

I have had OmniGraffle for a good couple of years now and the output has really impressed my Windoze colleagues at work so I know that Omni can turn out some good stuff at a reasonable price. At $80 OF wont fly out of the door IMHO.