Thread: New user
View Single Post
Bill,

Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSiegrist View Post
(1) In the various Omni programs/products is the a journal type application?
OmniOutliner probably comes the closest to this. It's a general purpose outlining program. It has shortcut keys for entering today's date. So you could create a journal outline with your daily journal entry under a heading for the current date.

Quote:
(2) Is it possible to archive "Action Items" after they have been completed, for future reference?
All completed items are saved in the OF database. An option lets you send completed items from prior to a certain date to a separate archive database. This feature keeps your active database small for faster syncing to the iPhone or other computers.

Quote:
(3) Is it possible to edit the "Context" options? Such as adding Family. The three Mac designates are not very useful for my purposes.
The contexts are fully editable. You can set them up however you like. There are several threads on the forums where people discuss what contexts they use.

Quote:
(4) Is it possible to place "Actions Items" into a folder which does not appear? I am wanting to create a long range folder, with "Action Items" which do not need to be seen on a regular basis.
You can mark folders as "dropped", which hides them from views that show active items. You can also put projects on-hold—useful when you aren't currently working on them—or set future start dates for projects. For example, I have a project to plan a 50th anniversary party for my parents, but it's on-hold for a few more months until we get closer to the date.

You can run OF in trial mode for free. Why not give it a try?

Cheers,

Curt

Curt